Purpose of the Job
Moving of mortal remains to the mortuary. Preside over the funeral or memorial service. Lead the procession of the burial or cremation.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring pick-ups of mortal remains
- Overseeing daily banking & posting of payments
- Collection of deceased documentation
- Driving of funeral vehicles & grave dressing
- Delivery of coffins to family homes
- Inspection of vehicles before & after
- Assisting with the preparation & viewing of the deceased body, plus verification
- Liaison with manpower and caterer at the cemetery
- Ensuring submission of burial signs to the branch
- Adhering to the logbook procedure
- Providing feedback on vehicle faults.
- Grade 12
- Two years’ experience working in a funeral and burial environment
- Driver’s licence.
- Funeral handling skills
- Driving skills
- Customer care
- Listening skills
- Customer Orientation
- Team player
- Take Initiative & Execute
- Problem Solving.
Two Mountains is an equal opportunity employer subscribing to the Employment Equity Act and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified people to fill the mentioned vacancy.
- If you do not hear from us within a month of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- It is the applicant`s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Only candidates who meet the requirements should apply.
- Two Mountains reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only.
- CVs from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted.